Friday, October 2, 2009

Sifting Through the Wreckage

September is a very difficult month for student conduct administrators, and this has been my most difficult September in five years. Even if the entire Mets organization hadn't disintegrated into something resembling a cruel joke, I still wouldn't have been updating much here.

Things are finally starting to slow down now, so I'm hopeful that I can get back to writing on a more regular basis. The off-season plan is simple:

* Playoff Previews for each round
* A look at each player on the Mets' 40-man roster and their performance in 2009
* A series of articles loosely collected together and called "The Blueprint" - a look at how I would like to see a major league baseball franchise being run

I'll continue doing Roster Moves, of course, since I am expecting a lot of player movement this off-season. I can only hope that there will be another general manager making the moves, but I am resigned to three more years of Omar Minaya and one more year of Jerry Manuel. The future of this franchise looks very, very bleak right now.

No comments: