Friday, December 11, 2009

Quick Hits - 12/11/09

* What kind of blogger sits out the entire Winter Meetings without so much as a post?

* Mack says that Bengie Molina is going to be a Met today; Jack says that his soul is going to die a little if that happens. T-Bone swears that I told him some time ago that I would be all right with Molina on a one-year deal. I do not remember saying this, but I don't remember saying a lot of the things that come out of my mouth. Let me state for the record - Bengie Molina is not worth $6 million per year if the deal is one year, two years or 10 minutes long.

* Mets sign Clint Everts to a minor-league deal. Looking at his 2009 numbers and considering his pedigree, why did the Nationals even let him go?

* Loyal reader YD sends along this quote (although technically, I refer to him as MD): "The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime." - Babe Ruth.

Every time a Mets fan tells me that a team with David Wright, Jose Reyes, Carlos Beltran, Johan Santana and Francisco Rodriguez can't possibly be THAT FAR away from being a playoff team, the Bambino's quote immediately leaps to mind.

2 comments:

TW said...

Its why I condone a trade of Reyes. He's ultra talented but still, after 7 years of Major league baseball still doesn't understand how to play baseball player.

Anonymous said...

my God, i thought you were going to chip in with some decisive insght at the end there, not leave it with ‘we leave it to you to decide’.