Tuesday, April 1, 2008

New Title

I think I have only one reader at this point, and I'm not even sure how often Christine checks me out. But if you are one of the few people who know of this blog's existence, you may have noticed a name change in the last 24 hours. I agonized for several minutes over what to name this blog when I first started writing last week and initially settled on "I Hate Myself for Loving You." It is, of course, a homage to the Joan Jett and the Blackhearts song, as well as the name of a MySpace post I made last month lamenting my misfortune as a Mets fan.

That all changed yesterday, when my birthday gift from Joe finally arrived. As soon as I saw it, I realized the name of my blog was staring me right in the face.

Yep, it's a replica brick from the Fanwalk at the new Citi Field. I only believe in one type of Productive Out - the type that specifically drives in a run with less than two outs. I often bemoan my Strat-o-Matic team's inability to create productive outs, especially in games that I lose by one run. The "Crackerjack" thing was an inside joke between me, Joe and Adam - I still don't think there was anything particularly memorable about my request!

So please change your bookmarks from ihmfly.blogspot.com to productiveouts.blogspot.com. And for Christ's sake, if you're actually reading this, let me know I really do have an audience!!

No comments: