Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Link Review: My Summer Family

I should've done this about a month ago, but with school over and three glorious months without student conduct issues ahead, I can start catching up on some of the more important things in my life. After my first Flushing University column, I received a nice comment from "The Coop" about enjoying my take on the Oliver Perez situation. Turns out that Coop is a far more accomplished blogger than I am and has contributed to FU in the past.

My Summer Family is her primary canvas for painting the picture on the Mets. It looks like Coop is contributing to at least two other blogs as well - now that's prolific! - but My Summer Family seems to be a solo effort. Yesterday's Shea Goodbye piece was especially good; a quick recap of highlights from her 28 years following the Mets. T-Bone, you're going to fall in love when you read her five ideas for fixing the Mets - another person ready to turn Heilman into a reliever!

4 comments:

TW said...

I'm in love already.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the lovely write up dude - just getting to this now - and the Coop is single just so you know...;-) just jokes. i wouldn't go so far as to say i am accomplished - but I did participate on mets weekly, so perhaps I am getting there :D

Anonymous said...

when i said i was single - i meant for your readers and mine - not you, cause i know you are taken. plus you know the saying - two negatives don't make a positive or some crap. don't need two mets fans in a relationship - they'll be like that couple in the Titanic going down with the ship!!

Jack Flynn said...

Yes, I figured as much! But don't be surprised if you start getting mash notes from my readers; you opened that Pandora's box when you suggested Heilman should be re-converted into a starter. Two wrongs don't make a right, but misery certainly does love company - which is about the most appropriate argument I can think of when it comes to pairing Mets fans together!