Saturday, May 3, 2008

Roster Move: Moises Alou activated from DL

First of all, I apologize for the lack of content this week. Things are very busy at work - the end of the academic year always brings about some interesting behavior and my boss has officially left for Texas, so I'm picking up the slack. It may be a little slow for the next two weeks, but once finals are done I'll get back into the groove. Just an extra little bump: I got picked up at BTF for the second week in a row. I might have a fan in Repoz, who has been kind enough to link me twice - if you read this, drop a line in the comments section!

Anyway, Moises is back, for as long as his brittle body can stay together. The lineup should see a huge boost; the old man can still rake and it pushes Carlos Delgado further down in the lineup. I loved the Mets' lineup last night - Church second, Alou fifth and Castillo eighth is perfect. Like I wrote earlier in the week, Castillo as an eighth hitter can make him a very important and effective part of the lineup. Church strikes out a bit, but if he's going to hit like this all season it's worth it to keep getting him at-bats. Why Willie pitched Sanchez in the ninth instead of letting Feliciano finish the game with a five-run lead is just beyond me.

Gus Molina was sent back to New Orleans to make room for Alou. Sorry, Tim. Let's take a look at the active roster now:

STARTING PITCHERS
Johan Santana
Oliver Perez
John Maine
Mike Pelfrey
Nelson Figueroa
Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez-DL
Pedro Martinez-DL

RELIEF PITCHERS
Billy Wagner (closer)
Duaner Sanchez
Pedro Feliciano
Aaron Heilman
Scott Schoenweis
Jorge Sosa
Joe Smith
Matt Wise-DL

CATCHERS
Brian Schneider
Raul Casanova
Ramon Castro-DL

INFIELDERS
Carlos Delgado
Luis Castillo
David Wright
Jose Reyes
Damion Easley

OUTFIELDERS
Moises Alou
Carlos Beltran
Ryan Church
Marlon Anderson
Endy Chavez
Angel Pagan

No comments: